It is an exciting time for Creekwood. We are a growing 1,000 member congregation in the North Dallas suburbs that seeks to inspire growth through scriptural education, faith-based fellowship, and relationship-based mission with the hopes of leading hearts and minds to the love of Jesus Christ, in an open, loving community. We dig deep roots into God’s love and share it through our core values of learning, sharing, and serving. We are seeking team members to match our community’s drive, ambition, and desire to live into our core values. Below you'll find our current job openings.
Director of Pre-School Ministries (Part-Time)
Position starts October/November 2020.
The Director of Pre-School Ministry provides educational and spiritual guidance that is aligned with Methodist traditions and Creekwood’s mission of Helping Others Follow Jesus for children ranging from newborn to Pre-K.
1. Create a culture that encourages, guides, and inspires children ages birth to pre-kindergarten towards a relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry on curriculum and missions designed to educate Preschoolers about the basics of Christian belief, scriptural stories, and Christian living.
3. Design transformational opportunities on a weekly and occasional basis to inspire children towards a relationship with Jesus.
4. Establish meaningful relationships with children and their families
5. Communicate effectively with parents and appropriate church staff
6. Conduct annual performance evaluation of individuals serving as childcare staff
7. Attend Family Ministry weekly staff meeting, Creekwood staff meeting once a month and Children’s Council bi-monthly meeting
8. Collaborate with staff, council and volunteers regarding church wide events such as Vacation Bible School, Spring and Fall Festivals and other church/community events throughout the year
9. Pass a background check, complete Ministry Safe training and First Aide/CPR trained
1. Assess the number of paid childcare staff needed to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment for all children within the ministry
2. Hire, train and supervise childcare staff
3. Assess and enforce childcare policy and procedure in the preschool department including health, safety, and security; modifying and updating as needs change
4. Manage Sunday morning childcare and preschool, weekday childcare and other childcare needs throughout the year such as seminars, Christmas Eve, Vacation Bible School, etc.
5. Establish and maintain a neat and orderly learning environment
The Director of Children's Ministry supervises the Director of Preschool Ministries.
Come join our team.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Pastor David Lessner at
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 214-544-8050