It is an exciting time for Creekwood. We are a growing 1,000 member congregation in the North Dallas suburbs that seeks to inspire growth through scriptural education, faith-based fellowship, and relationship-based mission with the hopes of leading hearts and minds to the love of Jesus Christ, in an open, loving community. We dig deep roots into God’s love and share it through our core values of learning, sharing, and serving. We are seeking team members to match our community’s drive, ambition, and desire to live into our core values. Below you'll find our current job openings.
Director of Children's Ministries
Position starts October/November 2019. Our current children's pastor is retiring and switching roles. This will allow for some transitional time.
The Director of Children's Ministry provides educational and spiritual guidance that is aligned with Methodist traditions and Creekwood’s mission of Helping Others Follow Jesus for children ranging from newborn to 5th grade. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of Creekwood’s Children’s Ministry programming, including Sunday mornings, VBS and special events.
- Ensures Creekwood’s Children’s Ministry is in alignment with the vision and mission of CUMC.
- Oversees programming for children’s ministry on Sunday mornings, throughout the week and special events.
- Works closely with other departments to create unity for programs and events such as Vacation Bible School (VBS).
- Partners with ministerial and lay leaders in developing a comprehensive vision for Creekwood’s Children’s Ministry programming.
- Manages and stewards Creekwood’s Children’s Ministry budget and resources.
- Recruits, develops, empowers and encourages Creekwood’s Children’s Ministry staff in the planning and implementing of curriculum and programming.
- Oversees recruitment, scheduling, training and supervising of volunteers and staff.
- Oversees preparation of all materials for all Creekwood’s Children’s Ministry classrooms.
- Oversees guest follow-up, “we’ve missed you” communication and Milestone Event Recognition.
- Updates and maintains staff policies and procedures for Creekwood’s Children’s Ministry.
- Actively builds relationships for with children, volunteers and parents.
- Prays with and for children, volunteers and parents.
- Actively works with supervisor and staff to plan for and develop future ministry opportunities within Creekwood’s Children’s Ministry.
- Attends and actively participates in Creekwood staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development or Christian Studies preferred
- At least three years of children ministries experience with proven leadership abilities preferred
- Member of the United Methodist Church preferred
- CPR Certification preferred
- Knowledgeable of Office Suite and Constant contact preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize work quickly
- Ability to lead a team of staff and volunteers and delegate responsibilities as needed
- Must be friendly, approachable and energetic
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must be detailed oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all circumstances
Time commitment: Sunday: 7:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Monday-Thursday as needed for successful ministry. (Hours may be flexible so as to have Sabbath time when hours go beyond normal working hours). Availability also required for special times such as Easter, Christmas Eve, VBS week, etc.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and wonderful working environment.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Pastor David Lessner at
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 214-544-8050