Many of you are searching for ways to help with the relief efforts from the effects of Hurricane Harvey. Following are a variety of ways that you can help by donating moneyor your time to help those in need. As the situation in Houston changes, we will give updated information on how you can help. In the meantime, we challenge each family to choose 1 way to help our fellow Texans.
A new hands on serving opportunity has arisen this week. Go to www.voly.org/disaster to volunteer at the Dallas shelter.
As The United Methodist Church conferences from across the country offer support and await an invitation to assist the Early Response Teams and disaster coordinators in Harvey clean up and recovery, here's
5 Things UMCOR suggests you can do:
1. Please continue to pray for those whose lives have been impacted by hurricane/tropical storm Harvey. Please also pray for the Early Response Teams, disaster coordinators, and many volunteers who are working tirelessly to provide relief after Harvey.
2. Make a cleaning kit, aka a "Flood Bucket" http://www.umcor.org/…/Relief-S…/Relief-Supply-Kits/Cleaning. Flood buckets can be dropped off at Creekwood.
3. Give to UMCOR's relief and recovery efforts: https://secure3.convio.net/…/SPageNaviga…/umcor_donate.html…
4. Donate only items requested.
5. Please wait for an invitation to volunteer.
UMCOR - United Methodist Committee On Relief is grateful for your relentless prayers and support.
Trusted World is sorting and prepping items for Dallas area shelters hosting the hurricane victims. They can use your help. Volunteer hours: 10 am to 8 pm Tuesday to Friday. You can sign up to volunteer with Trusted World online and get the latest information here.